Kitchen Substitutes for Butter/Ice Cream/Milk/Jelly




I'm health conscious now mostly because of my husband's eating habits. He's Chinese-Cambodian and their diet is amazing, they use a lot of vegetables, less or no meat at all, and instead of colas, they drink lots of tea. I'm amazed because they eat a lot of rice, more than 2 cups per meal but they are still thin. This lifestyle is rubbing off on me so I've been scouring articles on substitutes for less-fattening meals.


  • Instead of using butter for sauteeing - saute in water, wine or vegetable broth, tastes great with a lot less fat;
  • Instead of ice cream - try fruit sorbets and ices; (i'll be posting fruit sorbet recipes soon!)
  • Instead of milk - I'm now using soy milk and I've also heard that rice milk is great too;
  • Instead of Jellies - try Ladies Choice Alsa Gulaman and add soy milk!





Post a Comment

0 Comments